Sunday, March 10, 2013

Merry Christmas...Happy New Year...and on and on...

I've been gone a while.  Being sick and busy can do that to you.  I'm still not perfectly well as it seems I'm getting one thing after another.  I've decided to no longer take orders and while 2013 was the year I was going to return to booths, it just isn't going to happen for now.  I am still sewing for fun, for my sanity and such.  I plan to show you projects as I get to them.

Yesterday, I made my daughter a poodle like skirt out of a Liberty of London fabric.  I got the fabric from Fabric.com.  It is part of Fabric.com's exclusive Liberty of London Tana Lawn Hello Kitty collection.  The particular fabric I used is no longer available but they do come out with new prints every few months.  My daughter loved the twirl factor, which was the whole point of the skirt.


I love the fabric but admit it isn't everyone's taste.  There are a lot of colors.  It is pretty psychedelic.  This print is called Wonderland and it definitely holds up it the name.  It has a silky texture.  It is pretty thin, so I lined it with a matching pink.  I didn't use a pattern.  Just the square method for poodle skirts.  If I didn't have to line it, I would have been done in about 90 minutes, start to finish.  With the lining, it is still less than a 3 hour project.  Not bad for a Saturday morning.

There is a zipper on the back and I added two over laps because I cut the waist a bit too big.  My plan will be to rip those stitches, as she needs space in the waist.

This was a fun and quick project.  Exactly what I need, for now.

Expect to see my Etsy shop close for a while.  I will probably focus less attention on Facebook and, instead, start a Twitter account.  Facebook is becoming less small business/free blog friendly.  My blog updates will still be posted to Facebook but I have no idea how many of you will actually see them.

Till next time...

~SLBY~

1 comment:

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey