Monday, January 17, 2011

Very busy week ahead....

Good evening!

I have finished the appliqued blocks for The Giving Tree quilt. I hope to have that pieced by tomorrow and binded by the end of the week. If I get a chance tomorrow, I will tease you all with a few pictures.

Emma will be celebrating her half birthday at school on Thursday. The school encourages kids with summer birthdays to celebrate them during the school year. So, at her request, we will be make chocolate bunny cupcakes.

I'm also gearing up for my first show in April. I am a bit nervous. Fortunately, I am too excited to be concerned about my nervousness. Lots of planning is involved. And *LOTS* of fabric shopping. I truly believe I quilt, as an excuse to buy fabric. Nothing makes me as giddy as fabric. Well nothing besides lists. I *LOVE* making lists. Which is good because I need to make some lists in preparation for the show. I love buying list making supplies. White dry erase boards, colorful Sharpies, post it notes, and on and on and on.

What is it about office supplies that is so fun and comforting? I remember when I worked, before becoming a SAHM, and we would receive our shipment of supplies. It was like freaking Christmas. Or a pack of hungry wolves being thrown a fresh lamb. Depending on your office environment. And there was always a gate keeper to the supplies, who took their gatekeeping job just a tad too seriously. It was as if their entire life built to this moment of deciding who was going to get *the* purple pad of Post-it Notes and who was stuck with the regular yellow ones. I will admit to kissing a rear or two for those damned purple notes. Pride doesn't make me quite as happy as bright, cheery purple Post-it Notes.



I digress...


Which will happen a lot around here....


Between my planning, list making, mad shopping frenzies, cupcakes and regular life, I might be scarce until the end of the week. I will try to continue fitting in blog time a little each night.


I wanted to end today with a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr.:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

This quotes reminds me to stay grounded to my beliefs, regardless of the challenges and controversy I may face. And more importantly, to teach my kids to do the same.


Namaste,

~SLBY

No comments: