Wednesday, May 30, 2012

School's Out For Summer!!!!

Finally!  We made it!  I mean, my daughter made it.  This household has survived Kindergarten and our first year with a child in full time education.  I know it sounds silly.  Especially if you have older kids that are facing actual life changes like college.  This past school year has been a growing experience for my entire family.  It hasn't been easy but I love the place we are all at now.

I don't have a lot of quilting to talk about in the post.  This is more a State of SewLovedByYou address.  Where I'm headed, what I'm doing, etc.  I like lists, so...


1.  The teacher LOVED her quilt and photobook.  She teared up.  She made me tear up.  I'm so glad it went well.  I'll write a kinda in depth post about the process.  It will help those who told me the Silhouette quilt how to wasn't in depth enough.





2.  Right now my husband is headed back to school.  He is half way through his Bachelor's program.  Between his work and school schedule and having both kids out of their respective school/MDO program, I have decided to stop pressuring myself to do any shows this year.  I have tried a few times but it hasn't happened.  The scheduling puts too much stress on myself and family.  I can't tell you that I'm super excited about this but it's just another 6 months.  


3.  Just because #2 is occurring, doesn't mean that I'm fading away.  Just the opposite.  I've wanted to do more tutorials, share more of my non quilting sewing and just work on some fun projects.  Not that I don't love my custom orders but there is a certain sense of pressure when you are making something and need it to be perfect for someone else.  I want to share my daughter's room make over.  I did lots of sewing for that.  I want to make a few clothing pieces this summer.  I want to make a few art quilts.  I want to take some time to rediscover, refine and strengthen my creative side.  This makes me a lot less sore about #2.


4.  I want to redo this blog.  Badly.  I need to set up and update my photo galleries.  I'm not sure what route I'll take but I dream of having a redesigned and finished site by the time the next school year starts.


5.  I may over share my awesome summer garden.  I apologize for that right now.


6.  I've forgotten the next thing.


7.  Getting old sucks.


8.  I have a few things that I made last year and STILL haven't put on Etsy.  They are 4th of July/Patriotic home decor items.  My goal next week is to get those up on Etsy and the blog for others to see.  


That's it for now.  I hope to see you more this summer.  If you follow me on Facebook, like a post on SLBY's wall, otherwise Facebook thinks you hate me and my posts will stop coming through on your news feed.  


~SLBY

No comments: